Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT The abyss?

Gib Bogle wrote:
On 6/08/2011 5:35 a.m., John Williamson wrote:
tim.... wrote:
"Robin" wrote in message
If you think that this mess has anything at all to do with Blair and
Brown, then you haven't been listening properly
If you think it doesn't then I can recommend a bit of DIY research:
just buy a few drinks for ex-Treasury officials who worked with Brown
and the 2 Eds.

As B&B didn't take us into the Euro, and weren't in power when the,
now discredited, bailout was negotiated, I fail to see how they can
have anything to do with "today's" mess

Which one? The current Euro mess was nowt to do with B&B.

Our mess, OTOH, has a *lot* to do with them. Also, it has a fair bit to
do with the Merkin mess.

The mess is global. There is a tectonic shift occurring in the world.
The period of ascendancy of the so-called West (Europe + the US) is
coming to an end. Meet the new boss ...

I need to learn Mandarin and Cantonese, then. Both tonal languages, and
I'm tone deaf.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.