Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default OT The abyss?

On 05/08/2011 14:41, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

However, I think it's quite reasonable for businesses to borrow to grow.
Countries are effectively giant businesses, and I see no reason they can't
also borrow to grow, but of course that isn't what's happening here now,
and country leaders (politicians) are lousey busimess leaders, so I have
severe doubts in their abilities to identify what is worth borrowing to
invest in.

Not aided by the last lot attempting to newspeak plain old fashioned
"spending" into the far more wholesome sounding "investment". It all
helps lose sight of the objectives.

--
Cheers,

John.