Swingman

Default Re-Finishing Kitchen Cabinets

"FE" wrote in message
news:jJMZb.18936$o52.10486@fed1read02...
Good morning,
I have questions about re-finishing kitchen cabinets. I have looked over

Black & Decker
home repair-type book, and, after further study, I think I'll be able to

get
the basic steps
down. I'm going to put all new hardware on the cabinets after refinishing.

Keep in mind that most of the "look" of the cabints are in the doors and
drawer fronts. You can refinish these yourself, or you can buy new doors,
and in most kitchen drawers, replace the old drawer front with new. This is
something a reasonably handy person can normally do with few tools and some
OJT finishing experience.

I you don't feel comfortable doing it, just about any town of any size has
someone who does nothing but veneer visible cabinet ends and refinish drawer
fronts and doors. Unless you've done it before, folks who specialize in this
can usually do it faster, better, and often cheaper, than you can yourself.

Also keep in mind that almost every project involving wood has a
"showstopper" or two that only experience can get you through easily.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/13/04