Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek G.[_3_] Derek G.[_3_] is offline

Default OT The abyss?

On Fri, 05 Aug 2011 10:42:57 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

The pension thingie didn't have any effect on my pension - a private one.
But obviously a well run one. I get exactly as contracted.

How'd they do that then ? Seeing as how it was an investment?

In general an investment conservative enough to be able to do that
would be un-attractive especially when all the commissions have been
taken into account (up to 50% over the contribution period).

Put another way, as a rule some shonky slime-ball of a salesman would
have come along and promise better.

Not that Mr. Brown would admit to it, of course. He was good at hiding
things.

Then "Oh, dear, we've run out of money."

I was working at the same job for the whole period, and I noticed that,
as normal, after years of the Tories, I had money to spare to the extent
I didn't need to know exactly how much I had, and after years of Labour,
I no longer had any to spare, and could tell you to the penny exactly
what was down the back of the sofa. Nothing, because I'd had to raid
there last weekend.

I was made redundant from a decent job towards the end of the last Tory
government. Then persued a freelance career in the same job. Made more
money than before. And all those I know did well in this period.

Thank Margaret Hilda then. There had "always" been a tradition of
freelancing in the Broadcast industry. Perhaps because programmes
could be cobbled together in rented church halls on gear rented by the
day. Didn't do much for engineers in TV centre thobut.

I find it quite interesting this world recession is thought by some to be
down to Blair and Brown...

"Prudence" mac ****e-Features brought that on himself.

Dere G.

--