Mapdude

Default How to infuriate your wife: Lesson 1

ok, 5 or 6 years at it and age of 53. Either this is not the first one
or you are really a late bloomer.

SWMBO and I have only been at this for five or six years. We each have a
separate savings and checking plus a "house" checking account so we can
easily see how much we have for toys. I try to put all my tool purchases on
my accounts but sometimes a deal is too good to pass up and she doesn't
mind when I pull some of it out of the house money.

It's a joy to hear her say she feels comfortable with my tool purchases
because it's easy to see I'm looking for the best deal I can find on tools
that are justifiable, ie I'm not throwing money at crap or expensive stuff
I'll hardly ever use. Given that I appear to have a case of arrested
development and at 53 can say I'm probably not going to completely grow up,
it's nice to have that validation. :-)