Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Briggs & Stratton 4-stroke mower

Gib Bogle wrote:
To wrap this up: my trusty, incredibly simple, old B&S is now trusty
again. I thoroughly cleaned the carb and tank, changed the oil, and
then did the lawn with no sudden conking out. There was no obvious
problem anywhere - no water in the oil or petrol, little sediment in the
tank - but whatever it was it seems to be fixed. I didn't need to check
the points, but should take a look some time. Thanks for all the advice
and interesting comments.

Classic bit of grit in the carb behaviour ....

fit fuel filter?