Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Part P government review 2010/11

On 29/07/2011 20:06, dennis@home wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 29/07/2011 12:57, dennis@home wrote:

"Pete Shew" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 29/07/2011 07:47, dennis@home wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

Could make for a right fiasco when wandering into a petrol station
with a can so you can go back and mow your lawn!

Dennis in his peaked cap - "I am sorry I can't let you buy that...
show me the mot and insurance for that mower!"

The same is true now when you go and buy untaxed fuel (there is still
VAT on it) for your mower.
Can you buy untaxed petrol in the UK? Do you have to go to the
equivalent of a bonded warehouse, and what documentation is needed?
I have a few non road use petrol engines.

I know people that can, I have no idea what you need.
You can use it for light aircraft for example.

Of course bio fuel is untaxed if its DIY.

You can go to a fuel oil supplier and buy red diesel easily enough.
They are usually only interested if you want to buy a whole drum of it
though.

Isn't marine diesel cheaper? If you are near a supplier.

It used to be, but not now, they changed the law a couple of years ago.
Not sure if its any cheaper than DERV now.

--
Cheers,

John.