Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Part P government review 2010/11

On 2011-07-28, wrote:
Steve wrote:
Good in theory. It will never happen though. 10% (according to some
surveys) would instantly fail on the eyesight test.

I'd not like to have to be retested regularly. I have done it once (I
trained to be a driving instructor) and it's very stressful. Most
people would fail on "bad" habits that are not actually of any great
danger or doing things the way they were taught that have changed
over the years.

Our local pub had a driving competition run by the IAM. That is as close to
a retest that I have had.

Seeing the results list was quite funny. The village rentagob that claims to
have driven in every country in the world and in every car ever made and was
never once to blame for having to slam on his brakes (it was always some
other drivers error) was very near the bottom of the list.

They usually are.

As surveys have frequently found, most drivers believe their driving to
be better than average.

--
Cheers,

John.