Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.railway
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Welding cast iron

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 22:07:11 +0100, Roland Perry wrote:
Even more recently, CRTs were still commonplace, but these days they are
already starting to look dated.

My last CRT monitors went a couple of years ago, but my first LCD was as
relatively recent as 2001 (and I'm still using it, albeit on a server
where the small screen size isn't an issue).

Anyone here still watching a CRT television?

We still have a CRT TV - for the amount that it gets used, and the
quality of what's on anyway, it's not worth buying a new one.

I still use CRT monitors; I find the picture on good* ones much more
pleasing on the eye (particularly for extended periods) than an LCD. I
just picked up a couple more last week - one to use on the kids' PC, with
the second being kept as a source of spares.

* it's hard to find really good ones around here, though - most of it's
Gateway junk and they never were up to much even when new. With them
being so heavy, it's not viable to have them shipped from anywhere.

I really, really hate 'upgrading' things because someone declares what I
have to be obsolete. It's only obsolete when it no longer does a useful
job or I can no longer repair it when it breaks, and no sooner!

cheers

Jules