Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default PAT testing damage (UK)

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"Arfa Daily is ****ed in the Head "

Over the years, I've seen a lot of items from schools and commercial
premises that have odd microprocessor-y problems, and a recent PAT
sticker on them,

** They all have recent PAT stickers !!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a blatant red herring.

so I'm certain in my own mind,

** You are a man of very uncertain mind.

Ha ! And that from a ****in' madman like you ???!!! At least I don't need a
psychiatrist and powerful drugs to keep me under control ...

that these have suffered damage as a result of either inept or
inappropriate use of a tester.

** Absolute ********.

The items in question, are often boom boxes that are double insulated,
and have a removable figure 8 power lead, so there is absolutely no point
in applying these tests, anyway.

** The reverse is true.

Class 2 items are the most important to PAT test - as they RELY, 100%,
on insulation quality to be safe.

So the leakage test is ESSENTIAL !

Leakage from where to where ?

As to wall-wart powered stuff, I can't recall ever seeing an item that
may have been damaged in such a way, but if other items with a similar
small power transformer fixed internally can suffer,

** Massive false presumption.

Wot an utter imbecile.

I don't see ....

** The only correct statement.

AD is an utter IMBECILE.

.... Phil

And you, Philip, as I and lots of others have told you many times in the
past, are a fat greasy antipodean ****. So unless you can get your sensible
head that you've had for the last few weeks, back on your shoulders and say
something constructive, **** off back under your rock. And I'll remember
what an IMBECILE I apparently am, next time you need a Marshall manual and
can't get it ... Arsehole ....

Arfa