Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default OT - Interesting bio on George Bush.

DGDevin wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote in message ...

You'd be a liberal hate monger, right?

Actually, no. Been a moderate Republican for close to 60 years and
Bush was the worst I've seen Democrat or Republican.

Bingo. Democrats (mostly) expected to be disappointed by a Republican
President, the surprise was all the Republicans who ended up feeling
the same way. As the late, great Wm. F. Buckley, Jr. said, whatever
G.W. Bush is, he isn't a conservative. Real conservatives believe in
fiscal responsibility on the part of govt. (the federal debt doubled
on Bush's watch), they believe in avoiding pointless military
adventurism (any explanations needed there?) and they believe in
defending individual liberties (rather than looking for reasons to
ignore the Constitution).

They also believe that one of the functions of government should be to
provide a climate that enables people to help themselves, not just hand
stuff to them.

When I think back to how I cheered Bush
becoming President instead of Gore I can only shake my head in
disbelief.

It's OK, you were young and foolish

--

dadiOH