Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default OT - Which ?

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 17:04:02 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Mark wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 15:08:54 +0100, Clive George
wrote:

On 27/07/2011 14:48, Mark wrote:

Understeer on front wheel drive cars is easy to control.
Oversteer takes more skill and practice and tends to end in a bad way.
It's the other way around.
boggle

Understeer, let off the throttle (but not sharply enough to provoke
lift-off oversteer), weight on the front wheels, steer a little harder
in a very obvious manner.

Maybe it's the FWD cars I have driven. They can suddenly lose grip
totally at the front and then it's too late.

Thats usually only so in aquaplaning or ice conditions.

IIRC it was probably things mud and diesel. I wouldn't have been
pushing so hard in icy or very wet conditions

OTOH with RWD a little opposite lock sorted things out.

Unless you also lose the front..

Maybe I was just lucky ;-)

--
(\__/) M.