Posted to alt.home.repair
M.A. Stewart M.A. Stewart is offline

Default New study on wind energy

Kurt Ullman ) writes:
In article ,
" wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 13:09:59 -0700, "DGDevin" wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
om...

To quote our revered betters: "Weather is not climate."

I recall last winter during some especially cold weather some right-wingnuts
were snickering about how that warming climate sure was a bitch, haw haw
haw. For some reason they don't seem to have much to say on the subject at
the moment.

Yeah, we've all noticed that it's only "climate" when it's hot; when it's cold
it's only "weather".

When it is cold, it because with climate change you should expect wide
deviations in the weather. So, anything the weather does is climate
change. My favorite was a few years ago when the weather guys
forecasted the worst hurricane season in years because climate change
was warming the waters. When it was one of the quietest in years, that
was because climate change had resulted in higher winds across the
African deserts which meant more particles which meant fewer hurricanes.

I also point to use of the word 'Climate Change'. It was global
warming. When things get a certain bad conotations attached to them, the
names are changed in an attempt to make them some how different. Global
warming is now climate change.

It's just more vague and ambiguous... especially the manner that the word
is used to brainwash people into thinking the word 'climate' means a
'singularity'. Define the climate.

In Canada when its hot, its called 'global warming'. When its cold its
called 'climate change'! They have all the bases covered.

Timeshares are now "interval ownership".
Liberals are now "progressives".