Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Insulation: Air vs. fibreglass, styrofoam, etc.

rangerssuck wrote:

A reflective roof would make a huge difference. I don't understand the
fascination with black (or othr dark color) roofing shingles.

Drive around your neighborhood or town. Do you see ANY light-colored roofs?

The reason is cosmetic. A white roof will show the dirt/smog/particulates
that settle out of the air, making the roof look like a mud pie.

Heck, I've got to power-wash my brick veneer ever two or three years to get
the mung off of it. But as bad as that is, pity poor Rome.

The city has pressure-washing crews that travel about the city cleaning
statues and marble artworks from the stuff settling on them from the air
(and I don't mean pigeons).