Posted to rec.woodworking
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default OT - Interesting bio on George Bush.

"dadiOH" wrote in message ...

You'd be a liberal hate monger, right?

Actually, no. Been a moderate Republican for close to 60 years and Bush
was the worst I've seen Democrat or Republican.

Bingo. Democrats (mostly) expected to be disappointed by a Republican
President, the surprise was all the Republicans who ended up feeling the
same way. As the late, great Wm. F. Buckley, Jr. said, whatever G.W. Bush
is, he isn't a conservative. Real conservatives believe in fiscal
responsibility on the part of govt. (the federal debt doubled on Bush's
watch), they believe in avoiding pointless military adventurism (any
explanations needed there?) and they believe in defending individual
liberties (rather than looking for reasons to ignore the Constitution).
When I think back to how I cheered Bush becoming President instead of Gore I
can only shake my head in disbelief.