Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - George Bush + others

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 06:51:58 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

OTOH, I recently read an article on Tom Paine. Seems that after the war
Washington and Morris (the equivalent of treasury secretary) hired Paine
to write articles praising federal taxes. Seems they had to "open the
peoples purses" (Morris) to pay off the bankers who had financed the
war.

:/ Did you research its validity?

No, I didn't. It was in an article on Paine in American History
magazine. They're usually pretty accurate but certainly not infallible.
They do sometimes indulge in a bit of flag waving, but this definitely
didn't fall in that category :-).