Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Irrigation, of sorts

On Jul 26, 10:21*pm, (Edward Rice) wrote:
Steve B wrote:

snip

Your 90 psi and low volume is both way overpowered and under volumned
for a sprinkler system. *60 psi is more than adequate to run sprinkler
heads, pressure over that is harmful to fittings.

Yeah -- I cannot run the pump stepped-down, but I can certainly open two
sprinklers at once, so they'd be getting more like 45. Without the pump,
I can't even run one impulse/impact sprinkler reliably, unfortunately.

snip

If two sprinklers is all you cn run at a time then you should
seriously consider replacing that booster pump. See below.

You haven't said what your house pressure/flow is or if there is a
huge elevation difference from house to sprinkler location. If the
house pressure is 40psi or more andyou have sufficient flow for a good
shower, you don't need the booster pump...again if the sprinkler
locations aren't significantly higher than the house.

For an irrigation "booster" pump I would go with a cheap shallow well
pump/tank combo, usually available for under $100. Less than that in
a second hand store.

My house system (well) is set 30/50, does a good job on sprinklers
even at the 30 psi low point and I run 3 heads at a time.

two heads runningon a 90psi pump do not cut the pressure in half
unless the pump is a very low volume one.

Harry K