Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Dishwashing machines need phosphates

On Jul 27, 11:28*am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

ACI notes that there are some performance issues, which can be solved by
observing these points: 1) Make sure your water temp is at least 120 F (mine
is 140 at the dishwasher). 2) Don't use too much detergent. If you have an
old dishwasher, about half as much as the cups will hold is about right. 3)
If you have water spots, chances are your water is hard. The guy I talked to
told me he'd just returned from Ireland, where the water is very hard and
they have water softeners *built in* to the dishwashers.

Coming into this a little late, but... I use "Cascade Complete"
liquid, which is phosphate free (and ridiculously expensive). I use
the "extra heat" setting on my dishwasher, which preheats the water.
My dishes (and glasses) are very clean.