Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default OT - Which ?

On 27/07/2011 14:48, Mark wrote:

Understeer on front wheel drive cars is easy to control.
Oversteer takes more skill and practice and tends to end in a bad way.

It's the other way around.

boggle

Understeer, let off the throttle (but not sharply enough to provoke
lift-off oversteer), weight on the front wheels, steer a little harder
in a very obvious manner.

'course when you run out of lock, you're in trouble. But lots can be
caught before then.

(my worst experience with this was in a heavily laden luton transit.
Come to the corner, steer, nothing happened. Braked a little, weight
shifted forwards, steering started to work and we made it round the corner.)