Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default OT - Which ?

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 14:36:21 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
sweetheart hotmail.com wrote:
Do you actually read the full article carefully and any follow up data?
What you wish of a car may well be different to the average - and their
views are meant for the average.

Oh absolutely. They are still making claims about my present car - a
Mazda - in the current articles . Since this will be my third Mazda (
punctuated by a series of Clio's), and since I am driving the car I know
they are wrong. The car is excellent and has a good track record. But
as I said the sameple is made up of members ( dim wits like me) who
write in and tell them about cars. If the members dont pick a car, it
doesnt get feedback.

I'm not quite sure how you expect them to do a feature on member's cars if
those members either don't have that particular car, or choose not to
report on it? Or am I missing something? Or are you saying they ignored
the data you sent to them when it was requested?

As regards reliability issues, you'll find examples of even the most
unreliable car which lives its life fault free. And with cars becoming
even more reliable, that percentage gets higher. What is more telling is
if a member would recommend their car to a friend.

That's an interesting point. I only did a quick flick through of the
latest Which car report supplement and, IIRC, the league table of
owner satisfaction was very different from the league table of
reliability.
--
(\__/) M.