Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Walmart.....

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 17:37:47 -0400, Wes
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

We all agree that a community organizer does not make an effective CEO

Better to pick a corporate executive who's experienced at offshoring and
buying consumer goods from China. They know how to boost employment -- in
other countries.

And Americans are willing to buy Chinese products. Germans seem to be a bit better at not
cutting their own economic throat.

its not a "chinese" thing, but a cost thing. Americans buy whatever is
cheap enough to afford.

Now if we could make things matching the prices of the Chicoms..we would
not be in this situation. Which is indeed possible..but not when it
involves manual labor.

Maybe it is time for a bit of nationalism, the buy cheap while making a decent wage thing
has to come to an end or we are going to turn into a Greece or third world country.

Wes

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.