Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sjouke Burry[_2_] Sjouke Burry[_2_] is offline

Default Cinego D1000 Projector Overheating?

Peter Bogiatzidis wrote:
Hello,

A friend of mine has an old Radio Shack Cinego D1000 projector with a
built-in DVD player that has recently started shutting down after 5 minutes
or so. We tried cleaning out any accumulated dust and also verified that all
three of the fans are working. The problem seems to be intermittent one
because when he first told me about this the projector started working okay
for a few weeks.

Does anyone here have any tips on what to check? I realize that it's an old
unit, but for the present time it's all he has available.

Thanks in advance to those who post a reply to the group.

Peter.

Check the power supply for degraded capacitors,
and/or out of spec voltages.