Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sjouke Burry[_2_] Sjouke Burry[_2_] is offline

Default Dos commands ( ver. 6.2)

klem kedidelhopper wrote:
On Jul 5, 6:11 am, "Daniel Mandic" wrote:
klem kedidelhopper wrote:
I just installed a Dos program on my primary master drive thats
running under Windows 98 and I would like to copy the entire program,
that is the root directory and all its subdirectories into my slave
drive to use as a backup. Does anyone know the proper Dos command
including what switches to use so that the program will appear on the
target drive just as it appears on the source drive? Thanks, Lenny

xcopy /s /e

But I think you have to copy drawer by drawer. Xcopy should ask you if
it is a drawer or file you want to copy (when entering the xcopy
command and the right destination, e.g. xcopy c:\games d:\games /s /e -
you have to the type the destination drawer in order to get the proper
result), choose 'drawer' and it copies the drawer and any/all
subdirectories of the drawer...

Anything other in the root (files without a drawer) can be copied with
'copy *.*'

Copying the whole partition at once is a backup-program IMO. Maybe
there is a DOS command available (MS-DOS Tool-Disk, supplemental disk,
probably) which can do so. There is a file-manager on the supplemental
disk! Freely available fromwww.microsoft.com!!

--
Daniel Mandic

Does this sound like a valid command:
xcopy c:\WP51\*.* . /E /C /F /H /K d:\Wp51

Lenny

If you add a backslash at the end, xcopy "knows" that it is a directory,
and proceeds without interruptions.