Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default PITA cold callers about insulation grants

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 23:41:23 +0100, brass monkey wrote:

I must get at least one call every 2 days usually from one of our Indian
friends, am I alone? There must be dozens of these *******s going through
the electoral roll and I haven't yet found the best reply. Usually you
can
hear noise in the background so I've tried slamming the phone down before
they can be bothered to speak. I've tried acting deaf/not understanding,
keeping them there for ages. Asking where they got my number, asking
what is
their number. When you tell'em to effectively ****-off they carry on
talking
as though reading from a card. It's ok when you can recognise the voice,
you
just say 'oh no, not you again' and put the phone down.
How do you folks handle these bods? There must be a lot of cash to be
made
in this insulation game.

All our recent ones have been the same company going on about computer
maintenance.

'Fraid I have dropped down to saying "Hello" just so they reply and I am
sure it is not a valid call, then stay silent until they give up.
Unfortunately we have a number of possible valid callers who also withhold
their numbers.

Rod