Posted to sci.electronics.repair
larry moe 'n curly larry moe 'n curly is offline

Default Kenmore 110.24722300 broken tub

Jstein wrote:

I ended up applying some silicone to the underside of the tub. This
has helped significantly though it does still leak. I think I'm going
to try applying some silicone to the inside of the tub as well. After
observing the machine complete 2 full loads I am of the feeling that
the machine was overloaded or the clothes shifted making the tub heavy
on one side. The plastic fins did not come close to knocking into the
frame during these loads. Does anyone have any recommendations as to
where I can find the spanner wrench? I haven't had much luck locating
one online.

Try automotive part supplies, but you should be able to get by with a
hammer and a punch to remove the nut holding the tub against the
shaft. That's one of the methods Whirlpool describes in its factory
service manuals. Did you get the manual from ApplianceJunk.com or
ApplianceDigest.com ?