Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Test Li Ion Batteries?

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 07:35:01 -0700 (PDT), KenO
wrote:

Appreciate any recommendations concerning software to test Li Ion
battery packs.

You'll find quite a bit on testing LiPo batteries in the model
airplane forums. For example:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209187

If your Li-Ion battery happens to be in a Windoze laptop, I suggest
HwInfo32 (or 64) which includes a fairly complete battery capacity
report.
http://www.hwinfo.com

If you just want to test the battery itself, I use:
http://www.westmountainradio.com/content.php?page=CBA
which produces nifty graphs instead of a single number.

If none of these answer your vague question, please disclose what
you're trying to accomplish and what you have to work with.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D