Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus7018 Ignoramus7018 is offline

Default Darex M2 vs Darex SP2500

On 2011-07-26, Karl Townsend wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 00:15:13 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 23:19:55 -0500, Ignoramus2004
wrote:

I cleaned the crud off of the Darex sharpener that followed me home
today. To say that it was dirty would be to say nothing. All that
stuff lived in a grinding shop, sat on a shelf, and has years of
sediment accumulating.

Anyway, after cleaning, it turned out to be a model SP2500. Looks
very much like this:

http://www.wotol.com/images/thumbs/8...6ed4da1047.jpg

Currently I have a Darex M2:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Darex-M2/

My question is, which one is better for general purpose hobby use. I
want to keep the better one and dump the less good one.

thanks

The 2500 by far. But! Check the wheels on both and see which is the
best.

Gunner

I'd vote for the darex. I have the same unit and its quick 'n easy to
sharpen up to 3/4. I've not used a 2500.

Um, they are both Darex!