Posted to uk.d-i-y
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default textured exterior emulsion - will it disguise amateurish rendering?

Owain wrote in
:

On Jul 25, 7:19*pm, "AL_n" wrote:
Even after painting, the amateurish quality of the rendering still
shows, and especially when the sun is shining from the side, because
all the little shadows really show up the unevenness.

I'm sure that a coat of pebble dash of some kind would be ideal, but
I'm not in the market for that. Will ordinary textured emulsion
improve the look significantly?

I wouldn't think so.

Some trellis over the worst bits?

Owain

Thanks for the suggestion, but the bad bits are everywhere. I think some
thick textured emulsion would be an improvement. has anyone tried mixing
sharp sand with smooth exterior emulsion to add a texture? Is that
feasaable?

Al