Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Chainsaw oil

On 26/07/2011 12:00, ARWadsworth wrote:
All they all the same.

Or is there a bod standard oil I can use instead?

The chainsaw oils are anti "fling", non toxic and some are bio
degradable (the latter you need to remember not to leave in the tank
over the winter since they can gum up).

I have been using Ernest Doe's own brand Q8 oil lately - reasonable
price of about £9 for 4L. That seems to work ok in the chainsaw proper
(i.e. with oil pump) and in the Ryobi pruner attachement which probably
does not have a pump. Alas I am not sure if Earnest Doe have branches up
your way - I think they are mainly in the SE....

http://www.ernestdoe.com/storelocator.html

--
Cheers,

John.