Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET is offline

Default Ball chain in headstock of a Clausing 6900 lathe?

But, how is your chain joined? With a regular joining link like on
your ceiling light?

Y'know. I don't know. When I unscrewed the cover of my lathe to take
the photo for you several weeks ago, I didn't think to keep rotating
it to see how it was joined. As I recall, there were joiners listed
in the McMaster Carr catalog, but for sure you'd want to have the
right one, because if the link broke, you might break gear teeth
grinding up the loose chain.

Let the rest of us know when you get yours from Clausing.

RWL