Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus307 Ignoramus307 is offline

Default Value of Cincinnati #2 tool and cutter grinder?

On 2011-07-26, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 22:34:07 -0400, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at
PTD dot NET wrote:

I did, however, get a Darex drill grinder for $20 and a CutterMaster
end mill sharpener for $50.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Nice score on the Cuttermaster. I see those for sale in Craigslist
periodically. The asking price is typically $1100. They're small
enough and new enough that they may actually sell for close to that
price, although a regular T&C grinder is more versatile.

I think that's a borazon wheel on your end mill grinder. Those things
are expensive. Unlike the diamond wheels that the Chinese have
copied, I don't think they're duplicating the borazon wheels yet. At
least I didn't spot any on ebay. The coating on them is pretty thin.
Use a standard vitreous wheel to do your learning in case you learn
the hard way. I haven't mounted my borazon wheel yet.

RWL

What welder is behind the Cuttermaster? Looks like a Miller DialArc 250

This is a Miller EconoTwin.