Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Which ?

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 11:43:30 +0100, sweetheart wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 09:53:35 +0100, sweetheart wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Roger Chapman wrote:

Morris Minors were tail happy in the wet too. Triumph Heralds even
more so.

Thats certainly rubbish. I had a morris Minor as my first car ( second
hand) . It was fine.

I had two Morris Minors (the first one being a convertible!)

Both of them were definitely tail happy in the wet...and even in the
dry if pushed. Cart spring rear suspension and the 'interesting'
torsion bars at the front.

Was that more a case of the car or the driver?

Oh, the driver played a part. But I didn't get that problem driving other
cars...ergo the car had a problem.

Even my wallowing Humber Hawk wasn't as bad. And the Land Rover was much
better...

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org