Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default OT - Which ?

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
sweetheart hotmail.com wrote:
Morris Minors were tail happy in the wet too. Triumph Heralds even more
so.

Thats certainly rubbish. I had a morris Minor as my first car ( second
hand) . It was fine.

Sigh. I passed my test on one. And have driven virtually every version.
Any car with better front suspension than rear can be tail happy in the
wet. And the Minor had quite decent independent front suspension - a very
basic rigid rear axle. Of course that's not to say a crude independent
rear suspension setup could be worse. The Herald proved that.

I don't think you could call the swing axels on a Herald independent.
They were connected by a cart spring across the top.
Which is why they were such cr@p in corners.
I had one, but not by choice.