Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Which ?

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
Indeed. I've never owned a Beetle or even fancied one, but could see
the appeal. Some 20 odd million buyers can't be all wrong.

You have to remember that the beetle is the only car VW ever produced
with above average reliability. This was due to its simple nature and a
very under stressed air cooled engine. There was less to go wrong.

Apart from not having a water based cooling system, what else about the
car was 'simple' by the standards of the day?

I have never owned a beetle either and have no intention of ever owning
one, I think they are poor by any standard.

Were you in a position to buy and drive a car at the time mentioned which
started this discussion? ie roughly 1960?

Only those with an interest in classic cars would dream of owning a Beetle
these days.

--
*For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.