Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET is offline

Default Ball chain in headstock of a Clausing 6900 lathe?

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:00:44 -0500, Ignoramus2004
wrote:

The situation is as follows. Today (3 weeks later) clausing called me
and had a price on the chain, which is $11. Surely, I did buy it.

One of the guys in the home office probably changed the valve on his
toilet this weekend, came in to work today, and said "Hey, I've got
the chain from the old float valve - we can send that to the guy who
needs the chain for inside the head of that lathe" DG&R

PS. For that price, that's probably what I would have done if I
hadn't already seen what the one inside mine looks like.

RWL