Posted to alt.home.repair
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default Gas Water Heater BS - "Flood talk"

Vic Smith wrote:

I'm not too far from O'Hare airport and they measured
about 7" inches of rain that day.

I was watching the Weather Underground radar imagery of that area during
that storm. I was looking at the total rainfall images, and wonder who
was getting hammered by all that rain. Heh - now I know.

Several areas in central Michigan and also just south-west of Toledo
have also gotten 6+ inches of rain over a 24-hour period during the past
week or so.

I think the Chicago area has had several 4"+ rainfall events so far this
spring / summer.

Had about 6" inches of water in my basement a couple days ago.

Looks like you need to change the grade around your house - divert the
water around it. Where do your gutters discharge?