Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Gas Water Heater BS - "Flood talk"

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 12:21:30 -0700 (PDT), Mark
wrote:

Anyway I'm just going to tape a patch of fiberglas insulation over
the window hole unless somebody warns me off.

I'd consider a piece of metal rather than fiberglass insulation..

It needs to keep the air currents out and not be flammable...

And tape will give up after and time and the patch will fall off...

I'll go for a piece of sheet metal then, with fiberglass over that.
I can tape on the outer casing so it should stick okay.
Thanks.

--Vic