Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus2004 Ignoramus2004 is offline

Default Ball chain in headstock of a Clausing 6900 lathe?

The situation is as follows. Today (3 weeks later) clausing called me
and had a price on the chain, which is $11. Surely, I did buy it.

On 2011-07-04, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane wrote:
On Sun, 03 Jul 2011 16:10:25 -0500, Ignoramus16406
wrote:

My 6913 lathe is missing a ball chain. Its job is to pick up oil from
the bottom of the headstock towards the spindle gears and such.

My question is what ball chain to get at McMaster-Carr as a
replacement. Thanks

The balls are 1/8" dia on mine. It looks like the usual chain on a
light cord, although a little bigger. My guess is that it's 3606T91
in the McM - Carr catalog.

Here are photos of how it should look inside the head.

http://s749.photobucket.com/albums/x...insidehead.jpg

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/x...sideofhead.jpg

Don't ask me how the chain is joined. I forgot to look.

RWL