Posted to uk.d-i-y
NoSpam NoSpam is offline

Default FS: pillar drill -

On 19/07/2011 21:03, Stephen wrote:
Hello,

I'm thinking it would be useful to have a pillar drill but don't know
much about them. What should I look for? What should I avoid?

I also see that some are "desktop" models but others are 6', like
this:
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...1f-drill-press

I haven't looked at this model closely, I'm just using it to
illustrate the size.

Is one size better than the other? Or is it that you use the big one
for tall objects, if so, what sort of things?

Thanks,
Stephen.

I'm just about to advertise a Sealey 16 speed bench pillar drill, 240V,
single phase, 1/2 HP, NVR switch, adjustable depth stop, adjustable
table in angle and rotation. Any interest?