Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey[_2_] Terry Casey[_2_] is offline

Default Channels on freesat?

In message on Mon, 25 Jul
2011 08:13:20 +0100
MuddyMike wrote:

"Terry Casey" wrote in message
In message on Sun, 24
Jul
2011 02:21:03 +0100
John Rumm wrote:

On 21/07/2011 17:39, Terry Casey wrote:
In messagexaydnUEyjJtzp7XTnZ2dnUVZ7qmdnZ2d@brightvie w.com on Thu, 21
Jul
2011 15:42:44 +0100

http://tinyurl.com/3wfhf52

also includes the post DSO situation which shows that you will need a
wideband
aerial, rather than a grouped one.

No, it shows a group K would be ideal (a K is in effect a Group A
tweaked to go up to Ch 48 rather than the typical cut off around Ch 40).
A group K will significantly outperform a wideband:

http://www.aerialsandtv.com/atvstock...ts.html#Kgroup

While this thread has been under discussion, I noted that Java Jive
reported on
uk.tech.digital-tv (which would have been a better place for this thread)
that
he had updated his site with the latest Ofcom information.

This would appear to be one of the updates! When I checked earlier, it
said K
pre DSO and W post DSO.

It now says K for post DSO as well so, assuming it is not an error, I
would
agree with fitting a Group K aerial.

We are still awaiting confirmation from the OP of which group his aerial
is ...

I did post this link to a couple of pictures of the aerial
http://share.ovi.com/album/Muddymike.Housechanges
a few days ago saying that I didn't know what it is.

The only way to determine that would be to measure the lengths of all the
elements - hardly practical from a picture. I thought you were going to try
getting a better view so that you could see the colour of the bung in the end
of the boom?

Ask the installer what he used - it will be interesting to see if he
understands the concept of grouped aerials. From the loops of cable visible in
your picture, it is obvious that he is not the most competent of installers ...

--

Terry