Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default Purchasing a car (privately). Payment methods

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 09:53:46 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Mike Barnes wrote:
djc :
Just changed the front tyres on my Twingo: 100,000km in 11 years. The
rear pair show little sign of wear.

When I changed some high-mileage tyres it was explained to me that tread
wear is not the only issue, and they should have been changed long
before.

I had to replace three tyres in te camper. No wear, but the sun had
perished all the outer sidewalls.

And the tyres can wear unevenly so that they are no longer circular.
--
(\__/) M.