Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Helpful Hint - Credut/Debit Card Signature

Larry W wrote:
In article . 14,
Wayne Boatwright wrote:
Ever notice how quickly the signature space on the back of your
credit/debit card smears or fades beyond recognition, and how
difficult it is to re-sign it? It usually happens because of
moisture on the fingertips or natural skin oils.

A few months ago when I receivd a replacement card, I masked off
everything but the are where the signature is signed. After signing
it with a ball point pen, I sprayed two light coats of Krylon Matte
Finish (suitable for plastic) over the siguature. The signature
still looks like the day I signed it.

Other brands of similar sprays will certainly work, but it should be
a matte finish (you can't tell it's there).

Weird. I've never had that problem.

Me either. Ball point works forever.