Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Helpful Hint - Credut/Debit Card Signature

wrote in message
news
On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 20:59:32 -0400, aemeijers wrote:

On Sun 24 Jul 2011 02:38:32p, Red Green told us...

Wayne wrote in
. 190.14:

Ever notice how quickly the signature space on the back of your
credit/debit card smears or fades beyond recognition, and how
difficult it is to re-sign it? It usually happens because of
moisture on the fingertips or natural skin oils.

A few months ago when I receivd a replacement card, I masked off
everything but the are where the signature is signed. After
signing it with a ball point pen, I sprayed two light coats of
Krylon Matte Finish (suitable for plastic) over the siguature.
The signature still looks like the day I signed it.

Other brands of similar sprays will certainly work, but it should
be a matte finish (you can't tell it's there).

HTH

Clear duct tape. Done.

BTDT. Some point of sale checkers don't like the presence of tape on
the card. I was actually refused once. The matte spray is
completely invisible.

Shrug. Almost all the CC uses I do are POS terminals, and the card never
leaves my hand. And at a restaurant, they print the receipt and give my
card back before I sign it, so they never get a chance to do a
comparison. I've never had a card refused or even challenged.

I had a card challenged at the local HomeDespot (a self-swipe system).
The CC
company must have been doing a random check. It's not happened since.

Only challenged once. I have a card that I use on vacation. It had not
been used for months and we were in Virginia. We stopped for breakfast,
then got gas, then bought something for my grandson. All within about an
hour, a few hundred miles from home. At the last store, the cashier had to
call the CC company. They asked me a couple of security questions and I was
OK the rest of the trip.