Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Helpful Hint - Credut/Debit Card Signature

On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 20:59:32 -0400, aemeijers wrote:

On Sun 24 Jul 2011 02:38:32p, Red Green told us...

Wayne wrote in
. 190.14:

Ever notice how quickly the signature space on the back of your
credit/debit card smears or fades beyond recognition, and how
difficult it is to re-sign it? It usually happens because of
moisture on the fingertips or natural skin oils.

A few months ago when I receivd a replacement card, I masked off
everything but the are where the signature is signed. After
signing it with a ball point pen, I sprayed two light coats of
Krylon Matte Finish (suitable for plastic) over the siguature.
The signature still looks like the day I signed it.

Other brands of similar sprays will certainly work, but it should
be a matte finish (you can't tell it's there).

HTH

Clear duct tape. Done.

BTDT. Some point of sale checkers don't like the presence of tape on
the card. I was actually refused once. The matte spray is
completely invisible.

Shrug. Almost all the CC uses I do are POS terminals, and the card never
leaves my hand. And at a restaurant, they print the receipt and give my
card back before I sign it, so they never get a chance to do a
comparison. I've never had a card refused or even challenged.

I had a card challenged at the local HomeDespot (a self-swipe system). The CC
company must have been doing a random check. It's not happened since.