Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Helpful Hint - Credut/Debit Card Signature

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
Ever notice how quickly the signature space on the back of your
credit/debit card smears or fades beyond recognition, and how difficult
it is to re-sign it? It usually happens because of moisture on the
fingertips or natural skin oils.

A few months ago when I receivd a replacement card, I masked off
everything but the are where the signature is signed. After signing it
with a ball point pen, I sprayed two light coats of Krylon Matte Finish
(suitable for plastic) over the siguature. The signature still looks
like the day I signed it.

Other brands of similar sprays will certainly work, but it should be a
matte finish (you can't tell it's there).

HTH

Hi,
How come? Don't you use PIN? If you ever travel to Europe don't expect
to buy something with your signature. Even at McDonald, KFC you need
PIN. No time to sign.