Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Half pieces of PVC

"Uno" wrote in message
On 7/23/2011 4:40 PM, Steve B wrote:
I need some 3" or 4" PVC split long ways. Is this available
commercially,
or will I have to do it on a table saw? About 80'.

Steve

I would make a jig that was about 2' long, the width of the pvc, and with
a top that is just higher than the blade height. Then you could hold it
on the table and feed it through. with it 2' long, you wouldn't have to
hold it above the blade. (yikes)
--
Uno

I did this ONCE before, and used a band saw. Boy, howdy, did I learn a lot.
Don't ask. This time, I think I'll get it pretty close by building a jig,
and putting extensions on the sides of the saw to support it, and keep the
pipe oriented. It doesn't have to be perfect, just pretty good. They are
going to be gutters to catch the vertical fall of water from spraying the
outside walls of the container. The roof will have regular guttering, and a
pal of mine will come in and make me one 40' piece out of coil.

Steve