Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Al Moodie Al Moodie is offline

Default Connect TV audio output to old stereo amp

On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 07:47:59 -0700, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

There's no reason you shouldn't connect the TV. You will definitely get
better sound. *

See if the TV has a regular pair of RCA audio-output jacks, which you should
use instead of the headphone jack. Regardless of which you use, there will
be no need for voltage or impedance matching. (I don't know where you got
your specs, but the TV does not have a 47K audio output impedance. It's
about 1/20 that.)

Thanks for your response.

I want to use the headphone jack for output because using the jack
mutes the TVs speakers and allows me to control volume using the TV
remote (the stereo amp does not have a remote).

I assume this is just a cabling problem, headphone jack male split to
RCA audio plugs.

Al.