Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,rec.woodworking,24hoursupport.helpdesk
§nühw¤£f §nühw¤£f is offline

Default Bending 3mm metal puzzle

Stuart wrote:
In article ,
john thompson wrote:
Cannot think of a way to get a good leverage on it to re-shape it,
without damaging the non stick coating on the inside of the saucepan.
Grateful for any suggestion. Thanks.

I find an adjustable spanner often makes a good lever in such cases. Make
sure the jaws are clean, smooth and parallel and adjust to give a firm
grip on the work. In your case, I would put a couple of layers of
newspaper between the jaws and the pan surface, to avoid scratching.

bits of leather would work as padding also. a rubber mallet might come
in handy...

--
http://www.skepticalscience.com/
http://stopbeck.com|www.snuhwolf.9f.com|www.eyeonpalin.org