Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim[_31_] Tim[_31_] is offline

Default A Gynecologist changes careers

I can't remember where I heard this, but I went looking for it on the web
and couldn't find it.

So, I decided I'd post it. I was going to cross-post to the car repair
newsgroup, but I've lost the name for it after some computer upgrades.
So, it'll be a r.c.m exclusive!

A gynecological surgeon has had a successful career so far, but she's
getting tired of the same-old same-old. Even though the money's good,
and she likes her patients, still, she decides that she needs a
significant change in her life.

Remembering her happy childhood spent fixing bicycles and mowers and
hanging out at the local garage, she decides that she wants to be a car
mechanic. So she enrolls in the local community college, and takes the
entire series of car-mechanic courses. She gets to the end of the
coursework, and she's presented with a practical test: she is to take a
car, rebuild its engine, and demonstrate that it runs cleanly and
reliably after the work that she has done.

She spends a week doing this, and on the appointed day her instructor has
her start the car, demonstrate that it runs smoothly, that no diagnostic
codes appear, that it doesn't smoke, etc.

The instructor commends her on her work: "You've done and excellent job
here. Not only have you rebuilt this engine quickly and efficiently, but
you have done so with minimal risk of damage to the rest of the car, and
you have kept your work area meticulously clean throughout the
operation. I only have one question."

"Why did you do the whole job working through the exhaust pipe?"

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com