Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Half pieces of PVC

"Steve B" wrote in message
.. .
I need some 3" or 4" PVC split long ways. Is this available commercially,
or will I have to do it on a table saw? About 80'.

Steve

I have ripped the grey pvc on the table saw and recently using the HF multi
tool using the circle blade.

The multi tool though slower did a far better job.

With 80' to do I think I would revert to the table saw and try to rig a jig
to keep each section flat and straight during ripping ( it has a tendency to
roll or twist).

@AEM one time I was making 3/4" slip on sleeves for a cable line that went
through a flower bed. The last time I was making a protective cover for
physical protection only, of an older electric SE over a patio.

Colbyt